WINTER WEDDINGS ARE UNDERRATED
I've received soooo many inquiries for August from both people planning and replanning their weddings (darn you, covid-19). So I just wanted to let everyone know that having your wedding in the winter is also an option!!
Winter weddings are soooo underrated but they're some of my favs. I understand that one of the main reasons people shy away from them is because they don't want the chance of rain happening on their big day. But is a little bit of rain really worse than replanning your whole wedding because of a global pandemic? It's all about perspective! Here's some great reasons to consider planning a winter wedding!
1. Vendor Availability! I have to turn so many couples away for summer and fall weddings because I'm already booked on their wedding dates. Since winter weddings aren't as popular, the odds of your favorite wedding vendors being available is so much higher!
2. Potential discounts! Some venues may have lower prices during the winter since they have less couples knocking at their doors to host their weddings. This could either save you money or allow you to allocate more money towards, I don't know.. photography ;)
3. Your wedding will stand out. Everyone has so much going on in the summer and many weddings to attend. A winter wedding will be something everyone looks forward to during the darker, colder winter days and will surely make a lasting impression on everyone.
4. It's more convenient for your guests! Most people tend to take vacations during the summer so it may be difficult to get days off work to attend weddings. Or they may be forced to choose between weddings if they're invited to celebrate another couple's wedding on the same date. If you want all of your closest friends and family to join you in celebrating your marriage, having a winter wedding minimizes these situations!
5. Cheaper travel and accommodations! This can apply to both you and your guests. Whether you're traveling far and long for your big day or whether guests will be traveling to you, it's no doubt that traveling and booking accommodations are much more affordable during winter because not as many people are traveling!
6. You won't be a hot mess! I love a nice summer wedding but I've done some weddings in 105 degree heat and it's ROUGH. Of course we still make it an amazing time but sweating your booty off is probably not how you imagine your vibe for your wedding day.
7. Winter is the perfect time of year to serve your favorite comfort food! I don't think I need to say anymore haha.
8. It's a longer party! Less daylight during the winter and earlier evenings mean you get to start the party sooner and enjoy more time having a blast with your friends and family!
9. If you decide to do some traveling for your honeymoon, winter is the best time to do it! Traveling during winter is all around a better experience than during peak travel seasons. You'll avoid the crowds and the costs of your honeymoon will be significantly lower!
10. Your honeymoon will feel extra luxurious if you have your wedding during the cold winter months and then slip away to somewhere warm and tropical!
Thanks for coming to my ted talk. Here's some photos from a winter wedding I did a few years ago :)